Tellus 2020

 Two years ago I have written a post about this same wine, same vintage. 

As it often happens with some wines when I try them, I am curious to know how they end up developing with time, even though there is always an eminent risk of letting them age for too long till they reach a no return point. 

In fact, I have to confess that I was pretty scared before opening this Tellus. 

Being a 2020 harvest without any added sulphites it could be that the wine would not be stable enough to last that long.

As I have first felt it in the nose I quickly became more relaxed as I have not noticed any fault on it. 


On the palate, and comparing it to my previous post about it, I found that it has developed some strong blood orange taste which has dominated over the herbaceous notes that have so much fascinated me before. The acidity has considerably risen being on the border of volatile acidity revealing that the wine may be knowing its last drinkable period before developing into vinegar.

In this sense, I am really happy about having decided to open it now. 

In fact I am going through a cleansing period of my wine cellar once it is full and there are quite some bottles that I was keeping to see how they develop. I think it is now high time to go through them. Just like what happened now with this Tellus 2020.   

Even though it was still good and I could appreciate most of its still living complexity I believe the wine has started a phase of decay and I could not be more happy to have drunk it now.

 

16/20

Country: France
Region: Loire
Grapes: Sauvignon Blanc
Winemaker: n/a
13%
Link: https://www.fouassier.fr/vins-23-tellus--vin-de-france.html 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sophenia Antysynthesis Parcela Río Seco 2022

Quinta da Fata Encruzado Crú 2021

Casa da Passarella O Fugitivo Bastardo 2020