Arvad Negra Mole 2023
One of the hardest questions that I am often confronted at the shop is what is my favourite wine?
Or alternative, which kind of wine do I drink?
To my vague answers, the only thing I can say is that there is no concrete answer to any of these questions.Being a rather moody person, it really depends on how I am feeling at a particular moment and, definitely what I am eating. Sometimes I may think too much about it as I want to extract the most of both food and wine as well as I like to explore new taste combinations.
That is why I have chosen this Negra Mole for a tapas evening.
Also known as Listán Negro, this Arvad has shown the typical light colour of the grape which resembled Pinot Noir, even though there was some brownish nuances.
As I have first felt in the nose there was a feast of elegant cherries and earthy notes such as graphite which has given it sort of a nebbiolo touch.
Some mediterranean herbs were also to be felt.
In the mouth it was rather velvety and it was definitely very interesting to see it performing with such diverse plates such as forschmack or escabeche.
I find that it has managed very positively with almost everything I have cooked on that evening showing a tremendous gastronomic versatility.
Being a wine that has aged for eight months in amphorae I believe it has managed to perfectly reflect a terroir and a region which is slowly reliving a wine comeback after many years of oblivion.
Sure is that this is a wine a stylistic that we should have a close look at it and keep in mind as I also believes it answers almost perfectly to some of the new demands of the current wine market.
16,5/20
Country: Portugal
Region: Algarve
Grapes: Negra Mole
Winemaker: Bernardo Cabral
12,5%
Link: https://arvad.pt/en/product/negra-mole-red-24/

Comments
Post a Comment